Yellow Eyed penguin Trust
2) Swimming - We love swimming. We are lucky enough to have a school pool and in the 1st and 4th term we get to go swimming about 3 times a week. We we also very lucky this year as we got 10 free lessons at the Splash Centre which made us love swimming even more. Here is a photo of some of use having fun at the Splash.
3) Buddy Class - At Carlton School we have buddy classes. Our buddy class is room 2. We have just started going to visit them. With our buddy class we plan to learn some computer skills - on Friday we played around with pictures in BeFunky. We will also do some singing and hopefully other exciting activities check back later to see what we have been up to with our buddies.
4) Heads down, thumbs up - this is our favourite game to play as a treat for managing ourselves and working hard. This game has been around for a long time - Miss Nation even remembers playing it at school.
5) Maths - this is one of our favourite things to learn at school. We are really good at counting forwards and backwards to 20 and higher! We also know our before and after to 20 - some of us even up to 1000. One of our favourite websites on the computer to visit is study ladder - check out the link below.
6) Reading - this is another on of our favourite things to do at school. We love it when Miss Nation reads us Dr Seuss books. We also enjoy sharing big books to practice reading out loud with expression as well as sharing a good book with a friend. Below is a quote from Dr Seuss we think is appropriate,
"The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go"
from I can read with my eyes shut.
7) Singing - We sing every day in class. Every morning after the roll we get to choose some of our favourite songs to sing like Dad I want to be a camel and the Duffy Song. We even have actions to go with most of our songs.
8) Computers - we are lucky to have 6 computers in our class to help us with our learning. We go to different websites to help us with our reading, writing and maths. We also learn how to be safe on the computer. Below is a link to Hectors World which is helpful about being safe on the computer.
9) Fitness - every day at school we do 10 - 15 minutes of fitness. Last term we did rotations outside like running, skipping and obstacle courses. This term we are doing jump jam which is like aerobics for kids. We really enjoy moving to the music and or course we sing while me move too!
10) Drawing - we like drawing lots of different things - although the boys mainly like drawing cars. We do observational drawing at least 3 times a week to help us become better at drawing. Miss Nation teaches us things like shading and how to look carefully at the things we are drawing.